Get ready for the hot season with our summer essentials. From sunglasses to sandals, and beach bags, we outline all you need to stay trendy during the next few months.
Summer is almost here, and we can’t wait! Although Summer holidays require a lot more than swimsuits and sandals; you don’t have to box in to JUST the basics; you can stay fashionable during hotter months. We’ve outlined the top 5 beach essentials you need to make summer a blast:
- Beach Bag Essentials
Summers are for beach trips. We can’t think of anything else that makes the summer holidays so special. That being said, a beach bag has to be one of the top essentials for the summer. The best thing about Beach bags are that they're both fashionable AND practical. Next time you head out, consider packing these essentials:
- Collapsible Table in a Bag: Hanging out with friends at the beach, get yourself a table in a bag for lunchtime convenience. These tables are foldable and often come in a carrying bag small enough to fit in your tote.
- Bluetooth Speaker: Wipe out the background noise with a Bluetooth speaker. Make sure its sand and water proof or the beach waves might destroy it!
- Beach Blanket: A large blanket is a must-have for your beach bag to sit on. They wash easy as well.
- Sunscreen: Not taking a sunscreen to the beach is like landing on the moon without a spacesuit. You need sunscreen to keep your skin hydrated and protected.
- Neutral Pair of Sandals
With so many summer style sandals to choose from, finding stylish footwear can be difficult. While you need sandals that cope with the hot weather, you also want something that works well with your everyday wardrobe. Luckily, we know quite a number of options you can choose from.
- Gladiator Sandals: If you’re looking for a statement piece, gladiator sandals are the right choice. These sometimes knee length sandals are the ‘it’ sandal style. What’s more, they come in different styles and heights.
- Slide Sandals: These are the options you go for when looking for super-comfy footwear in the summer.
- T-Strap Sandals: These are must-haves for summer. They stay in trend regardless of the year; and are just perfect for summer outings. Go for a brown or black leather T-strap sandal to match with practicaly any look.
- Lace Up Sandals: Whether laced up to the thigh or the ankles, laced sandals are a good choice for summer outings. They make you feel ‘hot’ and they're so versatile that they can be paired with plain tees/jean shorts OR a top/dressy leather miniskirt.
- Beach Cover Up
Swimsuit cover ups are arguably the highlight of any summer outfit. Your bikinis deserve a stylish cover up that draw attention for all the right reasons.
- Blouse: Don’t underestimate the versatility of any blouse paired with distressed denim shorts. This combo is perfect for any visit to the beach or to the pool.
- Sundress: These are the ideal beach cover-ups; they stay cool in intense heat and they're fashionable. There's also an extremely wide variety of styles with different prints and silhouettes.
- Kimono: No outfit connects with the beach the way a Kimono does. They keep you feeling free and breezy. Kimonos come in different lengths and prints, so you can have fun choosing one that matches your suit and style too.
- Crotchet: Crotchets are ideal for any sun-filled days. They are a personal favorite here at Style Shark! They create a sophisticated look for the wearer.
- Palazzo Pants are an Ideal match for a bikini top. They make you look chic and really highlight your waistline. This style is perfect for pratically any body type because it creates a nice waist line
- Oversized Shirt: For my sporty girls!
Sunglasses are one of the hottest summer trends. You’ll need sunglasses to protect your eyes from the sun’s harmful rays. What’s great about these essentials is that they come in different styles and designs. With sunglasses, the style is really in your fashion court. You can choose between Edgy designs that stand out with dramatic architectural frames; Cut-outs that look futuristic and ‘trendy’; Rounded cat eye shades that are just modern and sophisticated; or colorful sunglasses with embellished frames and mirrored lenses.
- Beach Hat
Okay, so you’ve successfully assembled your beach bag, sandals, cover ups, sunglasses; now it’s time to select a beach hat. Hats are both functional and stylish, which means they protect you from the heat of the sun, and make you look ‘chic’ and ostentatious. You’ve got about three solid hat options to choose from; here they are:
- Wide-Brim Hats
Try showing off a dramatic wide-brim hat. They're extremely useful to protect your face against harmful UV rays. Made with soft materials, wide-brim hats are timeless beach essentials that can be worn over multiple summers.
- Baseball Caps
If you're looking for a sporty vibe, grab your favorite baseball cap, and you’re all set for your trip to the beach. Interestingly, baseball caps come in a variety of fascinating logo styles and are made with insulating fabric that block the sun.
Short-brim hats are in fashion. They do the same job as a wide-brim hat and don't blow off easily in windy weather. Examples are fedoras or boaters.
Summer is the perfect holiday to slay in. With our 5 essentials, you never have to worry about what to wear or bring to the beach. Have a blast!