Warmer weather is on the way, and you want to get your skin ready for the heat. With the right routines and products, you can have a healthy, glowing look all summer long and reduce any damage the sun might cause, too. Don't settle for a quick swipe of lotion or sunscreen when it's easy to use the right products and love the way you look.
Here are 10 of the best products for your warm weather skin care options:
1. Supergoop! Glowscreen SPF 40 --- Tinted sunscreens can be a great way to have the "no makeup" look while still enjoying beautiful skin. This sunscreen has shimmer to it to give your skin a healthy glow without looking sparkly. It's a must-have for a healthy summer face.
2. Weleda Skin Food Light Nourishing Cream --- If you have dry skin that's also sensitive, this is a brilliant choice. It reduces flaking, hydrates well, and doesn't feel greasy. It also smells great, and your skin won't break out because of the thick moisturizer in it.
3. Maelove Night Renewer --- If you're looking for an efficient, no-frills skincare product, this is the one you want. It's blended with soothing ingredients, hyaluronic acid, and medical-grade AHA for gentle skin resurfacing overnight.
4. SeSpring So Rich Hydrating Gel --- For a daytime moisturizer, this is one of the best options. It's not sticky like a lot of gels, and it hydrates all day long. You don't need to use a lot, so you can enjoy the value and simplicity for a long time.
5. Glow Recipe Pineapple Vitamin C Serum--- This is so silky on the skin and gives you a hydrated look and feel that combats the sun's drying properties. If you have dry skin, this might even be enough that you can skip your moisturizer before heading out the door.
6. Seabuckthorn Oil at Noy Skincare — As a cleanser, moisturizer, and exfoliator, this product is one of the best ways to keep your skin healthy and looking great. Your skin will be more luminous and dazzling from the very first application. It's like getting a reset!
7. Maelove NIA 10 Calming Serum --- Reducing redness and blemishes matters for healthy, summer skin. This serum is great for tightening skin and making pores appear smaller, too. It lowers inflammation really well and won't dry out your skin.
8. Mario Badescu Facial Spray --- Facial sprays have come a long way, and this brand really offers quality. When you want a dewy, glossy look to your skin that's not greasy and doesn't clog pores, this is a wonderful product choice.
9. Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Face Primer --- This creamy, hydrating primer won't make a sticky mess, so you can still use powder foundation. They pack the formula with vitamin C, so you get a healthy, shimmery glow from using it. With foundation on top, it can be the perfect choice.
10. Skyn Iceland Glacial Face Wash --- This foaming facial cleanser is effective and gentle. With a mild formula that works very well, it offers clean, healthy hydration. It cuts through makeup, too, but it's also gentle on bare skin.
It's not just the products you use, but the skincare routine you have, too. Your face, back, shoulders, and legs all see more sun in the warmer months as baring more skin becomes the norm - especially when rocking your favorite swimwear. Whether you're at the beach or just out on the town, you want to be sure to care for your skin and keep it healthy.
Here are five things you'll want to do every morning and/or night to take care of your skin the right way:
1. Cleanse Twice to Start With a Clean Slate --- When you take the time to properly cleanse your face, you're giving your skin what it needs to stay healthy, firm, and strong. You're also making it easier for your skin to take on product, so the hydrating, moisturizing, and other efforts you make are more valuable.
2. Pat on the Hydrating Toner --- Hydration is a big part of having glowing, great-looking skin. That's especially true in the summer months when the sun can dry out your skin and make it more difficult for you to look and feel your best. Layers of toner can add to your skin's natural hydration for an enormous benefit.
3. Apply Serum for Specific Issues --- Whether it's blemishes, dark spots, or anything else, you want to treat the specific issues your skin has. Each person is unique, but the more you treat any problematic areas, the more you can reduce them and keep them from becoming more obvious as you get older.
4. Moisturize to Lock It All In --- Your skin needs plenty of moisture. When you choose a good moisturizer and use it frequently, you're giving your skin the help it needs to feel silky. It's very important to moisturize areas that are seeing more sun in the summer, even if you wouldn't put a lot of moisturizer on them in the winter months.
5. Protect Yourself With SPF --- Especially with your morning skincare routine, SPF is highly valuable. You'll need to reapply it if you're going to be spending a lot of time out in the sun, but getting started with it before you ever leave the house is the safest choice to help protect your skin's health and integrity.
By taking the time to care for your skin, you'll love the way it looks and appreciate the way it feels. You'll also reduce the chances of skin damage from enjoying the warm summer months, so you can keep your skin healthy and radiant for the long term. Here's to enjoying summer to the fullest!