Winter is rapidly approaching — is your wardrobe ready?
As the temperatures continue to drop, it is crucial that you head to your closet and do an inventory check. Although you'll definitely want to hunker down during the coldest winter nights to enjoy these must-watch movies, you'll need a winning collection of sweaters, boots, coats, and pants to get you through until spring.
Whether you seek new, fashionable items for the office or plan on hitting the town with your girls, the winter 2021-2022 trends will be your guiding light.
8 Winter 2021-2022 Fashion Trends You Need to Know
Sure, we tend to spend a bit more time at home during the winter months, but that doesn't mean you don't need amazing outfits on standby. From holiday parties to work functions, winter getaways to at-home dates, whatever the occasion, you want to look your best.
Let's count them up.
1. Bright Colors Are Making an Appearance Outside of Summer
Step aside, summer. Winter is no longer about brown, gray, blue, white, cream, and black. It's time to shake things up and add a little vibrancy. This year, fashionistas across the globe aren't shy to wear pops of color as well as metallic materials.
- This pink rib-knit batwing cardigan sweater
- This fun and cozy checker pullover sweater
- This silver padded hooded 3/4 length parka coat, which is also available in four other colors
- This purple oversized PU jacket
- These metallic straight leg trousers, available in three fabulous colors
- This fun ultra fuzzy bucket hat, available in three colors: yellow, purple, and green
- These tall liquid faux leather wedge boots, which look amazing in black, but also in green or yellow
2. Quilted Clothing Is All the Craze
Quilted clothing is making a major impression in 2021. Pinterest reported that there was a four-time increase in searches year over year for quilted clothing in the United States, Canada, and Australia. It's a trending search term — one that is here to stay for winter 2021-2022.
This trend was popular in past seasons, with Christian Dior and Isabel Marant both featuring quilting in their 2018 collections. However, this technique dates back to ancient Egypt. Pretty neat!
Don't miss out on these pieces:
3. Knits From Head to Toe
For those times when you want to feel extra cozy, you can always rely on your knitwear collection.
Be sure to check out these pieces:
- This knit pullover sweater, available in four colors
- This plush mohair knit beanie
- This must-have knit turtleneck and leggings outfit, with eight colors to choose from
- This cable-knit maxi dress, which will look great with your favorite jacket
- This knit top and pants set or rib-knit hoodie and sweats
- This thick-knit sweater wrap dress
- This fur collar cable-knit cardigan
4. Fringe It Up
When reflecting on the history of fringe, this fashion statement dates back to the 1920s. Made famous by the flapper's uniform, this look made a comeback in the 60s, 70s, 90s, and again in 2016. Fringe was seen on clutches, flare jeans, leather skirts, and earrings.
Well, fringe is back once again, bringing with it a fun and playful look — and a ton of celebrities are embracing it.
You too can embrace the fringe craze with these looks:
- Fringe sleeve sequin open jacket
- Fringe bodycon pencil skirt
- Fringe underarm handbag
- Suede fringe midi skirt
5. Prints Will Add Joy This Winter
Since black coats are often the staple for winter months, throw a bold, pattern piece into the mix. It will be sure to turn heads. Have fun with this one, as patterns can be enjoyed with just about any item in your closet.
Switch things up with these pattern pieces:
- Drop circular geo pattern earrings
- Checker pattern denim set
- High waist distress pattern jeans, available in four colors
- Resizeable circular pattern ring, available in either silver or gold
- Mesh overlay dot pattern midi dress
- Patchwork denim jeans
- Color block panel parka
6. It's "Leather Weather"
You don't need to spend a fortune, either. Just as faux fur is trending this winter, so is faux leather.
Add these leather items to your winter collection:
- Faux-leather moto jacket
- Printed faux-leather print coat
- Oversized button-up faux-leather jacket
- Purple PU trench coat
- Patent leather tall heeled boots
- Cowhide leather flap closure backpack
- PU tube top and pants set
- Caramel brown pant suit
- PU ultra skinny leggings
7. Plaid Is Still Very Much In Style
Some call it checks, others call it tartan. Either way, plaid is one of fashion's most popular prints. Being a fashion staple for cooler temperatures, plaid makes any outfit come alive. Plaid coats and jackets are a fan favorite, but outerwear is just the beginning. Bring on the plaid skirts and dresses!
Love plaid? Add these additions to your collection!
- Oversized plaid blazer
- Double-breasted plaid blazer
- Pleated shirt dress
- Tartan paper bag waist mini skirt
- Gingham print ruffle bikini, just in case you get away this winter!
8. Leggings That Make a Statement
Although every girl needs a great pair of black leggings (or 10), these are some vibrant and sassy options that will breathe some life into your leggings drawer:
- Tie-dye leggings, which come with a matching top
- Leopard leggings, which come with a matching sports bra (also check out the snow leopard set)
- Cage back top and leggings set
- Print yoga set, available in four colors
Style Shark Has Everything Trending and More
Best of all, affordable doesn't mean cheap! It's time to fill your closet with quality clothing without you needing to spend a fortune. Head to Style Shark to pick individual pieces that you can use to create stunning, memorable outfits, or grab one of our many sets. Either way, you'll feel confident and glamorous.
Easy to navigate, Shop Style Shark makes it easier and more enjoyable than ever to shop online. Browse our collection to discover new arrivals and bestsellers, or head straight to the collection of your choice. From knitwear to bottoms and activewear to lingerie, we have it all.
Let us help you be a trendsetter this winter. Shop our collections today!